Just because you’re invited, doesn’t mean you’re welcome.
Get Out opened at more than 2780 theaters, and following the critical acclaim it manages to beat all the previous Box Office predictions. With just $4.5 Million budget Get Out grossed more than $200 Million at the worldwide box office, including $173 Million domestically. Now considered one of the biggest surprises this year, it may get a sequel.
Read more at:
- Arnold White Ruins “Get Out” Perfect Score.
- Watch Baywatch Official Red Band Trailer.
- Watch Blade Runner 2049 Full Trailer.
- Edge of Tomorrow Sequel Gets a Title, Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt To Return.
In a recent interview, while celebrating the film’s upcoming DVD and Blu-ray release, Jordan Peele was asked about a possibility of a sequel, and he said:
“I could see it. I’ve thought about it — I’ve put a lot of thought into it,”
“Some people want me to do it. I think there’s ways to do it.”
“I can guarantee you one thing. I would never do a sequel unless I knew how it would be better than the first or as good. So that’s going to be tough, but I’m not gonna shortchange it. I’m not gonna do some bulls-sequel.”
Get Out ranks now among the best movies this year, and considered by Indiewire the best of 2017 so far.
Here is the top 5 movies according to Indiewire this year:
- Get Out.
- Personal Shopper.
- Lost City of Z : Here are the critics’ thoughts.
- All These Sleepless Nights.
- Synopsis: Chris (Daniel Kaluuya) a young African-American man visits his Caucasian girlfriend Rose (Allison Williams) home to meet her parents. As the weekend progresses he makes many discoveries about the house.
- Director: Jordan Peele.
- Cast: Daniel Kaluuya, Allison Williams, Bradley Whitford, Catherine Keener, Caleb Landry Jones, Stephen Root, Keith Stanfield, LilRel Howery, Betty Gabriel, Marcus Henderson.
- Genres: Mystery, Thriller, Horror, Comedy.
- Runtime: 104min.
- MPAA Rating: R.
- Trailer: Watch the trailer here.